ABOUT THE COMMUNITY HOMESCHOOL CENTER in Bryan, Texas
HOW TO JOIN: Come to the Center at Legends:
2533 Midtown Park Boulevard,
Bryan, Texas 77801
Full Family Membership is only $80/year
Individual Student Membership is only $60/year
You can join the CHC Membership
(all CHC families MUST BE members)
Sign up HERE!
T-SHIRT ORDERS HERE: https://forms.gle/SC3rkgX7GF8HnVNz7
ORDER BEFORE October 1!
All members have access to:
1) A local gathering place for all homeschoolers (that is convenient to all sorts of parks!)
2) Almost 50 classes to choose from from History to Fine Arts and Electives
3) Study areas for individual or group study
4) Concession area for moms & younger siblings to converse.
5) Possible Monthly events: Lego Club, Chess/Games, Seminars & free Curriculum Swap.
6) Safe, healthy, hangout location for homeschoolers ages 13 and up (without adult) (students under the age of 13 must be in class, or with a guardian)
7) Day pass for court use available for purchase ($5 from Legends)
COMMUNITY HOMESCHOOL CENTER POLICY “HANDBOOK"
1) Treat others as you would like to be treated.
2) Situations arising that need input or correction are handled privately, between involved parties.
3) The CHC Board (and therefore their manager) has ultimate authority in decision making on all CHC events or situations. By renting a classroom, paying for membership, you agree to abide by those decisions.
COMMUNITY HOMESCHOOL CENTER DRESS CODE
1) All clothing must be opaque. Midriff must remain covered. (No see-through or netted type clothing on the torso.)
2) At least half the length of your thigh should be covered when standing - Thus, your lap should remain about HALF covered when you sit, so your rear is always covered. (No short shorts, skirts, super short athletic shorts meant for sports, etc)
3) Underwear should be UNDER another article of clothing, and not be visible. This includes bras, bra straps, underwear for males or females - boxer waist bands, etc.
4) No profanity or overtly aggressive/evil messages should be worn nor displayed at the CHC. We are all about unity, and building up, not tearing down. Be positive in your attire…. or neutral. ;-)
5) Clothing deemed inappropriate by a CHC board member or Legends Staff will stand. Students will simply be asked to wear a jacket for the day while at the CHC, should the clothing be deemed inappropriate.
We are so grateful to have such a wonderful community.
Let’s make it another great year!
Class Sign Up & Enrollment:
To sign up for classes, contact each teacher. You can find class & teacher information on the Classes page. We are only a facility & the teachers rent the space, the CHC does not employ them. Each class has separate fees and tuition guidelines. Once you join the CHC Yahoo Group E-loop, you can usually find the info with a quick post search.
INTERESTED IN TEACHING A CLASS?
The CHC offers classroom space to rent to anyone who would like to conduct a class for the low cost of $12/hour.
To become a member, you can simply come up to the CHC & fill out a membership form. CHC accepts Checks or Cash, or PayPal to email@example.com
Where, you ask?
Located in the Facility of LEGENDS,
2533 Midtown Park Boulevard,
Bryan, Texas 77801
**Please do not send correspondence to this address. Email us for the current physical address. Thank you!**
At the CHC, we enjoy many member benefits, but most importantly are the intangibles.
You know them… for instance, a valuable friendship, or a place to belong. We make the community we are in. This is why we have a free Curriculum Swap for items that members are no longer using that they would like to pass on, and why we are passionate about providing a place for a frazzled mom to stop in & rest in the midst of a crazy day & get a tasty cup of coffee & a listening ear. By nature, homeschoolers are hard-workers, non-conformists & truly brave. It's so important to support one another. There are many ‘benefits’ to being part of a community that maybe don’t look like much on paper, but sometimes they make all the difference in someone continuing to homeschool.
These are our favorite ‘benefits’.
In addition, we are always in the process of evolving to enrich our members lives & experience, so please, we welcome feedback about how we can do just that.
We welcome you,
The CHC Board
The brain child of a few dozen Homeschool Families, planning for an "all in one" location began in the Spring of 2009, and opened that SAME fall! Fall 2009 had just 25 families in classes on two days a week.
We've fluctuated from two to four days, mornings, only, First Fridays... LOTS of changes.
The one aspect that has stayed the same? The desire for UNITY.
Fast forward a DECADE, and we have over 200 families filling the four (or more) concurrent classrooms for longer hours than ever before.
Open From September through the first week in May each school year, a facility for homeschoolers to relax, rent, hang out, plan playdates, exchange curriculum, get advice, join classes and clubs, or even just a spot to rest between errands. Always consistently open during regular hours, there's a LOT to this community. Come and Join it!